The 14th EDBF European Nations Championships will held in Kiev, Ukraine between 15th – 19th July 2020 and we are now recruiting for squad members to the Irish Senior Women’s Dragon Boat Squad.
To be eligible for the Squad:
1) You must be female.
2) You must be Irish or fulfil the residency criteria.
3) You must be 40 years old in the year 2020.
4) You must be currently resident in the Isle of Ireland.
5) You must be able to fund the training and trip yourself as no funding is guaranteed at this time.
6) You will need to be an Individual Member of the Irish Dragon Boat Association from 1st January 2020.
7) Your weight must be proportional to your height. Please note, there will be penalties imposed on those individuals carrying additional weight when it comes to the time trials. Power to weight in the dragon boat is fundamental.
The first training session will be held in Carlow Town on Saturday, 2nd November 2019 and will include two water video sessions. The next session will then be held on Saturday, 7th December 2019 and you will be required by this date to have done a time trial on our paddle machine in order that we know you have the ability to be part of the team. Please note, if you are not serious about being a member of the Squad and putting in the work which is expected and required, then this is not for you. The level of dragon boating is moving on year on year and in order for us to achieve the results we desire then we need to find the fastest team possible.
If you are interested, then please complete the attached sign up form. Irish Team Sign Up Sheet 2020